Pages - Menu

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Lazy Sunday

So...I haven't had the most productive week...been a bit under the weather with a cold.  Thought I was kicking it, but this weekend kind of did me in a little.  I've been so congested with sinus pressure that I'm feeling a little off and light headed - and that kind of leads to slower thought processes.  So, it's taken me all day to decide what to write and I still can't really come up with something good.  But I wanted to keep up with my weekly blog post goal, so I'm going to make a good attempt.

Today was a lazy Sunday...I spent the whole day at home. I finally had the time to organize the chaos of my bead stash with the new bead containers I got.  I'm happy to say that all my beads are now organized and easy to find.  I used all but twelve containers - did I mention that I started with 318 containers? Add that to the seventy-two that I had filled two weeks ago...well that's a lot of freakin' beads.  I'd better get crackin' on making some pieces!  It did make for a nice relaxing lazy day (that didn't take too much thinking) and I couldn't be more pleased that I can finally find everything.

On a good note - I spent Saturday at my friend's daughter's engagement party.  It was a great time and the weather was beautiful, a little on the cool side but warm in the sunshine.  I was honored to have been asked to make my Japanese Kumihimo braided bracelets, stamped with hearts for her bridesmaid gifts.  They all got these bracelets made in their favorite color.  I made them in purple, blue, pink and green like this one:

With my computer being only operable in "safe mode" for a week, I haven't been able to upload and edit pics of the pieces that I made last weekend.  I'm pleased that my computer is up and running again.  So I spent some time today editing photos.  Here's a sneak peek:

 
These beads remind me of wagon wheels, in gorgeous hues of gold and brown.  I paired them with some copper moon charms that I purchased last weekend at the bead show.


 
I always need to find a use for leftover scraps of copper sheet.  These rectangles were created from the edges of copper sheet that I had etched with a stamped design.  I then paired them with iridescent apple green flower beads, lime green glass saucers and torch balled (and flattened) wire wrapping.

I have a few more pieces that I need to edit, but going to wait until tomorrow.  It's time to wind down, relax (haven't I been doing that all day??) and get ready for tomorrow.  Hoping to get some pictures this week of the gorgeous fall foliage.  I hope you all had a great weekend and a great week to come!

Live. Laugh. Love.

2 comments:

  1. It's so hard to take time to organize, so kudos to you for accomplishing such a task! Hope you're feeling better. So glad you're continuing your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara- thank you for taking the time to read my posts!! Makes my day when I see your comments. I am feeling better, thank you. As long as I can come up with a topic, I can blog :)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails