Pages - Menu

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Latest Creations

I so wanted to write about another of my new Facebook fans, but just don't have the mindset tonight. I plan on doing it tomorrow night! Instead I thought I would post something simple...like the home made light box I created! I had read several articles online on how to create your own and then got some great tips from GlassRiverJewel on Twitter!
I went to Walmart and purchased the following:
1. White Flat Sheet (twin)--$4.00
2. 16 x 16 inch box--$2.98
3. Poster Board--$0.98
4. 2 goose neck lamps--$7.44 (couldn't use these because I didn't have the correct size bulb...ugh) But I had previously purchased clip-on lights from Home Depot for $5.98 a piece and used them and it seemed to work out well. I have 75 watt bulbs in them.
Directions:
I cut off one set of the closure flaps and then assembled the box and sealed with packing tape. I then took a yard stick and traced a two inch boarder around three sides, and cut them out with a box cutter. Next, cut the bed sheet to 14.5 x 14.5 inches, ironed to get the wrinkles out and then taped them to each open area. Cut the poster board to just shy of 16 inches wide, taped to the back of the box (at the top) and let it curve toward the front. The poster board helps to deflect the light, and you can still used your own platforms. Turn the lights on and start snapping away.
Here's a picture of the box:

Here is the picture I took on the first try...not bad, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails